Mix a bit of romance with some down home flavor and a nice outdoor scenery and you have yourself a great foundation for an outdoor country style wedding. Since you already have your theme for your wedding (country-style), you should focus on finding a nice outdoor location.
Country-Style Wedding: What to Look For When Picking Out an Outdoor Venue
- Open Landscape: Look for a venue with a nice open landscape. It would be nice if you could have it in a park, on a ranch, on a farm or better yet in a relative’s backyard. The open landscape gives you room to create a country style wedding that fits your personality.
- Nice Huge Trees: Trees could be used to hang rustic signage or simply used as décor for your ceremony. Using nature to the best of your ability will help bring out that rustic country feel.
- A Farm House: Having your wedding in front of a farm house will make for great pictures. It will definitely incorporate the country-farm style appeal.
Accents That Bring Out Your Country Style Wedding
- Flowers: Sunflowers or Daisies are a great accent to a country style wedding. It’s a great way to add color and to add a hint of pizzazz.
- Wooden Signage: Making wooden signs adds a rustic feel to your ceremony. It also adds a DIY charm to your country style nuptials.
- Stacks of Hay: Accenting your ceremony with stacks of hay helps to lure your guest in with a farm-like style.
- Honey Jars: We can’t have a country style wedding and leave out the favors. You can let your guest take home their very own personalized jars of honey; this will add a country charm to your wedding reception.